US Vertical Insights: Consumer Electronics - Smart Wearable Devices
InMobi’s Vertical Insights Research Series helps brand advertisers understand how consumers are using mobile media to research and shop for certain types of products and how mobile complements other channels throughout the purchase process. This particular study examines how consumers who purchase Smart wearable devices in the US are using mobile media and how advertisers can best communicate with this audience.
- Mobile is the preferred media channel for smart wearable electronics information; 44% prefer mobile phones, 36% prefer desktop PC/ laptop, and just 24% in person at a physical store location
- 88% of wearable shoppers are Mobile Showroomers; 41% find better prices elsewhere and 38% compare products or brands
- Wearable owners most likely learned about new devices via mobile (57%) and TV (37%), versus via desktop PC or laptop (23%) or in print (19%)
- 85% of wearable shoppers imagine mobile advertising of smart electronics could influence their electronics purchase
- Wearable shoppers are most attracted to mobile ads with deals/ promotions (54%) and ads they can save to view later (44%)
Check out our full report to learn about:
- Wearable Shoppers Profile
- The Role of Mobile in Shopping
- Mobile Ad Receptivity
- Tips to Combat Showrooming
- Path to Purchase
Fill out the form to the right for an instant download.
We think you might also be interested in: